Irish Country Sports Association
This website provides information for those who wish to hunt woodcock, pigeon, sika, red and fallow deer, pheasants, duck and fishing in Ireland.
About Us - Irish Country Sports Association:
Founded in 1988, the Irish Country Sports Association (I.C.S.A) is a non-profit-making, non-governmental, national association of game shoot operators, Professional hunter’s . Members of the association come from several counties throughout the 26 counties of the Republic of Ireland. Providing a large range of hunting opportunities from Pigeon, Woodcock, Red deer, Sika deer, Fallow deer, driven Pheasant shooting, clay pigeon shooting and archery.
The association was formerly called the Association of Game Shoot Operators in Ireland (A.G.S.O.)
ICSA represents the interests of its members who provide facilities to clients who wish to partake in small game shooting, wild fowling, deer stalking and vermin control in Ireland. Our members also provide archery and clay pigeon shooting. Game breeding, rearing and releasing of game birds is a requirement of Association members.
The primary objectives of the Irish Country Sports Association are:
- To protect members.
- To provide insurance for members.
- To act and speak out on behalf of members on matters relating to non-residents shooting in Ireland.
- To provide clients with contact details of our members who are regarded as the only regulated outfitters in Ireland.
- To speak on behalf of clients, and assist with any issues that may have arisen from their experience of hunting in Ireland.
- To develop and improve the game stock on Association members’ lands.
- To conserve wildlife and its’ habitat.
On the 28th January 2021, the Irish Country Sports Association (ICSA), and Coillte had a constructive virtual meeting to discuss Covid-19 restrictions, and the impact that it has had on our members leases of Coillte lands over the 2020/21 season.
The ICSA does not have premises of its own, but instead the committee maintain the Association through regular communication and meetings between both committee and Association members.
The ICSA lease with various national government departments and bodies to assist with current legislation proposals and topics of interest to ICSA members. Departments and bodies who lease with ICSA include:
- An Garda Siochana
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Environment
- Department of Justice
- Fáilte Ireland
- Heritage and Local Government